Other notable announcements and developments today…
• Swedish House Mafia have signed a new record deal with Sony’s
Columbia label. So you can stop asking if their reunion is going to
result in new music all the bloody time now.
• Futures Forum, a new one-day event for young live music professionals that will take place as part of the International Live Music Conference in London next month, will include a keynote interview with Dua Lipa and her musician father Dukagjin Lipa, it has been announced. Info on the full programme here.
• The Association Of Independent Music has announced more details about its all new three day conference AIM Connected, which will take place at Studio Spaces in London. It takes place from 1-3 Apr. Info here.
• The UK premiere of the film of Beth Gibbons and the Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra’s performance of Henryk Górecki’s ‘Symphony No. 3 (Symphony Of Sorrowful Songs)’ will take place at the Barbican in London on 28 Mar.
• Jessie Ware has released a new standalone track for Valentine’s Day, ‘Adore You’. “It’s just a little something to tie you over with until my next release”, she says. “It feels fitting to put this out when I’m about to become a new mum again and feel the most confident I’ve ever felt about my music. Happy Valentines, I adore you all”.
• Lizzo has released new single, ‘Cuz I Love You’, the title track of her upcoming new album. The video for the track will premiere at 3pm sharp today. Wait for it to go live here.
• Offset has released new single ‘Red Room’, taken from his debut solo album, which is out next week. The track previously appeared on streaming services last year, before being removed. Just in case you wonder why it sounds familiar.
• The Cinematic Orchestra have released new single ‘A Promise’, taken from their upcoming new album ‘To Believe’.
• Modeselektor have enlisted Tommy Cash for new track ‘Who’. The production duo’s new album, ‘Who Else’, is out next week.
• Snapped Ankles have released the video for their brilliant new single, ‘Rechargeable’. They’ve also announced that they will play Village Underground in London on 29 Oct.
• Das Body has released new single ‘Taller Than The Average Man’.
• Daniel Thorne has released new track ‘Fear Of Floating’, the closing track from his upcoming debut album ‘Lines Of Sight’.
• Ezra Collective have released new single ‘Quest For Coin’ from their debut album ‘You Can’t Steal My Joy’, out on 26 Apr. “‘Quest For Coin’ is about the pursuit of money but not losing your soulfulness in the process”, explains bandleader and drummer Femi Koleoso. “You know when you can’t afford the train, so you get the bus and meet a beautiful stranger who talks to you about your saxophone case; yeah, that. Basically city life, London life”.
• Little Simz will play the Courtyard Theatre in London on 6 Mar. Her new album, ‘Grey Area’, is out on 1 Mar.
• Hozier has announced UK tour dates for September and October, which will finish up with a five night run at the London Palladium.
• Check out our weekly Spotify playlist of new music featured in the CMU Daily – updated every Friday.Recommend0 recommendationsPublished in