“Don’t let fear decide where you’re going to go. We’re all going to fucking die. So get out and fucking kill it, man.”
Sick Joy have revealed all the details of their debut album.
Here’s what you need to know:
1) It’s brilliantly titled ‘WE’RE ALL GONNA F***ING DIE’.
2) It’s going to be released on July 08 via SO Recordings.
3) Vocalist Mykl Barton had this to say about the record’s sentiment:
“For me, that title’s a positive. I realised, ‘it’s going to be over one day, man. So do whatever the fuck you’re gonna do, and have a good fucking time. And I don’t mean just get loaded and be a dick. I mean do the things you want to do. Don’t let fear decide where you’re going to go. We’re all going to fucking die. So get out and fucking kill it, man.”
4) The artwork looks a little bit like this:
5) And the tracklisting is a little bit like this:
01. don’t feel like dying
02. talking to the drugs
03. stay numb
04. deep dream
05. i’ve got more than i need (and i don’t have much)
06. alive on the inside
07. the blood & the bliss
08. rich hippies
09. belly aching beast (feat. Jamie Lenman)
11. nothing better
6) There’s a new song for you to listen to as well. That’s ‘i’ve got more than i need (and i don’t have much)’, a scuzzy little downtrodden anthem.
Mykl had this to say about it:
“It came from a feeling of exasperation towards trying to process some things from my past that I’d been dealing with in damaging ways and realising it. I didn’t have space in my head to be clever or dance around stuff lyrically, it was just emphatically – “this is what this is and I can see it now. Like, fuck, this is heavy and it hurts, but there’s a vein of fighting back flowing through it too”. It’s a flagship of the theme and message that runs through the album, this positive nihilism. It’s a linear story of the whole process I was going through, anger, sadness, doubt, fear and ultimately, hope and empowerment.”
7) You can also hear the Jamie Lenman-featuring ‘belly aching beast’ right now as well:
Link to the source article – https://www.rocksound.tv/news/read/sick-joy-have-announced-their-debut-album-were-all-gonna-fing-die